Saturday, November 1, 2008

The aftermath

Halloween is over now, and oh what fun it was. That is, until the inevitable sugar crash. At one point Julia was laying on her stomach on the kitchen floor, her face coated in chocolate, reaching for the treat bag that was thisclose to her. But it was not quite within grasp so she sighed and gave up and just lay on the floor. Hayley was curled up in a ball on the couch, groaning from too many peanut butter cups, yet still holding on to her candy bag for dear life as Ace tried to rip it out of her hands. Superbaby was zonked out on the carpet, still in costume, oblivious to the chaos that surrounded her. I guess Andy considered he had done his part by taking them trick or treating because he disappered to the basement, leaving me alone with the candy fiends.
Soon after the kids were in bed (and asleep within 67 seconds), Andy and I raided the candy bucket in search of our favorites and I happily took over Hayley's spot on the couch and watched tv while stuffing my face with Almond Joys and Whoppers. Oh, Halloween, I love you so.
Only a few more days until the election. Get out and vote, everyone! Our kids get the day off school because the schools are polling locations. I had been planning on going while Ace and Hayley were at school which would have been a breeze, now have all 4 in tow which could lead to disaster. I'll be sure to bring my camera along to capture the event.

No comments: