Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wow. Wow. Wow. I stayed up last night until 1am, I had to see the speech and then I had to call my sister and compare our levels of speechlessness and awe and happiness. I have to admit, I didn't believe Obama would really win until I saw McCain's speech (by the way I thought he was incredibly gracious and almost made up for the moments of this election where I thought he acted like a complete douche) and then it took another hour or so while the reality sank in. I can't express how much it means to me that I got to vote in this election, that my children were with me at the polls and I can tell them that we are a part of this day and this historic decision. I am so proud to point to our President-Elect on the news and tell them that he DID IT! He is going to be the president! Not because his is from a powerful political family, or because he is super rich and well connected, but because he is a smart, strong, good person who worked really hard and believed in himself and in America.
What a wonderful day.

No comments: