Wednesday, November 19, 2008

NoseInDaWinnow

Julia woke me up this morning with big news. There was nose indawinnow. For an almost 2 year old, Julia's language skills are a little delayed. Nothing I'm worried about at this point because she obviously can talk, she just chooses not to. And lucky for her, she has 2 older siblings who are more than happy to do her talking for her. So that fact that she was using a 2 word combo was impressive enough to get me out of bed before the appointed 8am and not a second earlier time. And there was indeed snow in the window. I used to love snow, because it meant snow days and hot chocolate and staying warm and cozy under the covers all day. Now snow means frantically digging through the hall closet for matching mittens and hats and scarves and boots and oh crap, it's already 8:50 and the kids are wearing nothing but feety pajamas. It means yelling at Ace that we will not, no way, no how, go to storyhour at the library unless he takes off his sleeveless tee and puts on the long sleeve shirt I picked out and turning around to see that Julia has rejected her Dora boots and is putting on her fancy, fancy summer sandals. It means finally getting out the door in time only to realize that it is going to take another 10 minutes to defrost the van windows. It means Mommy is grumpy and wearing Ace's hat and a pair of Andy's 2 sizes too big gloves when we finally show up at storyhour. But it also means I have an excellent excuse to stop for donuts and hot chocolate on the way home. And it also means that Ace will beg me to make him a snowball and when I do,he will of course, throw it directly in my ear. Then Julia will laugh so hard she falls down and, because she is bundled so tight, be unable to get up. Then, still laughing, we will rush inside so we can defrost our ears and enjoy our donuts. I decided I still love the snow. Pictures to come later, before all the snow melts.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

I love your blog. It always warms my heart and makes me smile. :)