Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Boom

Along with anxiously awaiting the arrival of my newest niece, I recently found out that 2 of my very best friends from high school are expecting sometime in 2009. I am so excited for them, I can't even tell you.

In case you didn't know me way back when, I'll tell you that in high school I was, socially at least, a barely functioning idiot. And in college I added alcohol to the mix and added a whole new dimension of social unacceptability. Without my friends to be there to stand by my side, awkward moments and all, I would never have made it to become the fully functioning idiot that I am today. They mean the world to me and I treasure their friendship so much, even as time and distance has changed our relationships and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I would like. Now that I have the chance to maybe help them, even if it is just to steer them clear of wasting money on a pee-pee tee-pee or, in a few months, tell them that it perfectly normal to have a stomach that looks like kneaded bread dough for weeks after giving birth, I'm happy to have the opportunity to do so. But a big part of me knows that no matter what I say, they are both going to be naturally good mothers, they are just that cool. And really, after 7 years I still don't know what the beans I'm doing so I should keep my advice to a minimum.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Dare I ask, but what is a "pee-pee teepee?"