Friday, April 24, 2009

Photo..Shoot!

On Wednesday, Lucy turned 7 months old. I wanted to capture the day in photographs but unfortunatetly, the camera had gone missing. I found it yesterday in, I kid you not, the crisper drawer in my refrigerator. Who knows how long it's been there. Surprisingly, it was undamaged. I decided to take some pictures today instead. And seeing as we only live 5 minutes from the beach and it was a beautiful sunny evening, I took the kids to the beach after dinner to let them run off the sugar from 2 scoops each of mint chocolate chip ice cream and so I could get some great pictures of Lucy. I forgot, of course, that I don't really have a knack for photography. Here are the results of our photo shoot:



"Mom, are you sure you know what your doing, I feel a little silly with the Pooh ears and all, can we rethink this look?"




Okay, so the idea here was a really adorable sand between baby toes shot. I sprinkled a bit of sand and tried to capture the absolute cuteness of Lucy's little toes. But Lucy has unbelieveably smooth feet and the sand would not stick, no matter how many times I sprinkled it on. And, as I was focusing on the toe situation, this happened...



Lucy grabbed herself a heaping handful of sand. This is the after shot. After she opened her mouth and inserted the handful of sand. It all went down hill from there.

So, here they are, the 7 month pictures. A few days late, an little out of focus, and a little gritty. But, still precious. Because she's our Lucy, and she makes any day feel like a sunny, cool day at the beach.

No comments: