Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rocking the vote

I think Ace is starting to believe me that he really and truly is sick. He's decided the most comfortable thing to do right now is get naked and wrap up in a coccoon of a blanket and zone out with juice, tv, and oyster crackers (the only thing I've been able to get him to eat). Poor fella. I've been trying to pinpoint exactly what is causing him to feel lousy because he's not coughing or sneezing or stuffy. I'm guessing he's just having that general whole body achiness.
I remember being sick on Halloween as a kid, it always seemed like a dirty trick to miss out on a fun day and I felt like the universe was against me. I hid Ace's costume and candy bucket so there weren't any reminders of what he's missing.
Hayley voted today. She says she voted for him because he is going to change the flag. I think politcal ads confuse her a bit. I told her I was voting for him too and Ace piped up that he wanted to vote too but he wants to vote for his teachers. All of them. He's a maverick.
I'm so bored. Sick days suck even when you're not sick.

No comments: